GABIO is a new and innovative company that’s a wholly-owned division of Innovex Produits Techniques, a company that’s worked in the field of civil construction in Quebec for more than 25 years. GABIO specialises in the distribution and assembly of architectural gabions.
What is a
A gabion (from Italian gabbione, meaning “big cage”) is like a civil engineering container, frequently made of solid braided iron wires filled with freeze-resistant stones (that don’t crack when frozen), used in public works and construction to build retaining walls, non-watertight artificial banks, to decorate a bare façade or for urban development.
Gabions have existed for thousands of years. In former times they were made of wicker and were used mainly as defensive mechanisms during wartime. Gabions have evolved and are now made of coated, galvanised or stainless steel to maintain the shape of the structure and ensure their durability. Gabions have recently made a comeback in the landscaping world, both for their practical applications and esthetics.
- Very durable
- Easy assembly
- The most resistant anticorrosive cladding in the industry
- European design
- Gabions delivered preassembled to the customer
- Customisable design
- Technical assistance
- Engineering and installation service available
- Ø 4.5mm wire
- Assembled with spirals and/or rings
- 75 x 75mm square mesh
- Galfan CRAPAL Premium® galvanised steel
- Gabion alignment using patented fasteners
- 50mm x 100 mm rectangular mesh